I’ve met another generous designer who is willing to share his designs! Steven Leeds designs traditional Putz buildings using CAD and cuts them out of chipboard. He was posting his patterns in PDF form in a Facebook group we both belong to, and people began to ask for his files in SVG format. I volunteered to convert them so they would work in Cricut Design Space, and since Facebook wouldn’t allow me to share SVGs, host the files on my site. Steven has plans to increase his North Pole Village, and I will add additional patterns into my library when he does.
Since these are traditional Putz houses, they are very basic, without windows on the sides or back. All have the hole for a light in the back. Many Putz designers use purchased or printed windows and doors, and glitter the entire house, so there isn’t as much emphasis in designing a “finished” house as you are supposed to let your imagination go wild!
These are also small houses. The one to the far right, the Elf Village House 2, is only 3 1/2″ inches tall and 2 1/4″ wide. The SVGs can be resized to a larger size, but Steven tends to design his buildings as all one piece, so some of them are already approaching the 11 1/2″ maximum cutting area that most people can handle. The files I have uploaded to my library are exactly the way Steven designed them. However, he has given me his permission to change his patterns to resize, add window frames & doors, etc. I will begin to do so as I find the time, of course resizing them to fit with the Tim Holtz Village houses. For each of those I will write a tutorial blog post. I probably won’t modify them all, so if you have a request for a specific building let me know.
Steven has also sent me another dozen or so buildings not in the North Pole line that he has designed which I have yet to convert to SVGs. If only every day was 72 hours long!
I have now added the pattern for the 5th North Pole pattern, the Home of Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
I have now added three more patterns for Elf Village Houses 3, 4 & 5.
The newest building: The Sled Shop
Two more patterns added: the Gingerbread Cafe and the Reindeer Barn.
Per Steven, these three patterns are the last of the North Pole Buildings.
Steven has added windows and doors for the North Pole Village. They can either be used inside the window/ door cutouts, or as frames on the outside.
Have fun making Steven’s North Pole Buildings, and check back often to see if I have added more of his patterns to my library. I would love to see pictures if you use any of his patterns. Please share a photo of it with me by emailing me at Jackie@acottageintheforest.com.
MAKER’S GALLERY FOR NORTH POLE PUTZ VILLAGE
FREE PATTERNS & CUT FILES FOR STEVEN LEEDS’ NORTH POLE PUTZ VILLAGE
Get the password for the library with the free North Pole Putz Village Building patterns and SVG/DXF/PDF files here by filling out this form:
Error: Your Requested widget "Sender.net Form " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area above-header-widget-1]
- [do_widget_area above-header-widget-2]
- [do_widget_area advanced-footer-widget-1]
- [do_widget_area advanced-footer-widget-2]
- [do_widget_area advanced-footer-widget-3]
- [do_widget_area advanced-footer-widget-4]
- [do_widget_area advanced-footer-widget-5]
- [do_widget_area ast-widgets]
- [do_widget_area astra-woo-product-off-canvas-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area astra-woo-shop-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area astra-woo-single-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area below-header-widget-1]
- [do_widget_area below-header-widget-2]
- [do_widget_area bsf-sb-elementor-custom-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="search-6"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget_area footer-widget-1]
- [do_widget_area footer-widget-2]
- [do_widget_area header-widget]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="search-5"]
- [do_widget id="astra-widget-social-profiles-3"]
- [do_widget id="black-studio-tinymce-2"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-4"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="sender_automated_emails_widget-7"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="sender_automated_emails_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="sender_automated_emails_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="sender_automated_emails_widget-5"]
- [do_widget id="sender_automated_emails_widget-6"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-3"]
- [do_widget id="astra-widget-social-profiles-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-3"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-3"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
If you have any trouble subscribing please contact me at email@example.com